• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can someone clear this up for me?

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
I am of the understanding that in the U.S. they have the Civic Si, which should basically be a copy of our CTR (albeit the less powerful engine). I've just found this brembo kit for a Civic Si yet I remember being told a while ago that there was no Brembo kit available for a CTR so how is this available for it? Its a Gran Turismo kit too with 328mm discs.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...rembo&model=GT+328mm+Big+Brake+Kit&perfCode=S

Tarticus said:
You can get a Brembo kit to fit the CTR

Do you think it would be safe to assume that this one will fit mate. I can't see why not but you never know :?

Funky said:
Tarticus said:
You can get a Brembo kit to fit the CTR

Thats what I thought but this thread says different:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=676

Yes I know, when I phoned Demon Tweeks about the Brembo kit in their catalogue they told that it wasn't for a CTR, yet I've found a kit (link at the top of page) for a Civic Si, which is basically the U.S. equivalent of a CTR (less some features) so I can't see why it would fit an Si and not a CTR. That's what I'm trying to establish.

Dunno if I'm missing something here, but what other mods do you have that require a big brake conversion?

If you're not already s/c or turbo'd then unless you're seriously into trackdays or racing...it's a waste of money!

evilowl said:
Dunno if I'm missing something here, but what other mods do you have that require a big brake conversion?

If you're not already s/c or turbo'd then unless you're seriously into trackdays or racing...it's a waste of money!

They look cool thru the wheels 8) :lol:

Is the Civic Si a 4 stud Hub?

Would that make a difference?

Am I talking Bollox?

Do you really want me to continue?

OK. :evil:

AndyG said:
They look cool thru the wheels 8) :lol:

Yeah there is that!

But seriously, I'm very hard on brakes...but with uprated pads, fluid and lines I haven't had any fade since - so for £££/performance it's a much better option.

Scousefella said:
Is the Civic Si a 4 stud Hub?

Would that make a difference?

Am I talking Bollox?

Do you really want me to continue?

OK. :evil:

04 and 05 models were 5 stud fella :wink:

evilowl said:

Mate, I managed to crack my set of Tar-Ox track day discs on my favourite B-road last week. With my driving style I tend to lean on the break quite heavily so I'm not taking any chances this time. Going for a monster brake kit this time. Heading towards the STOPTECH kit. Real impressed with what I've read on their website.

Stop Tech is an excellent choice. I have tried these and the feel very responsive without being too harsh. Oh and zero fade after many quick stops from 70mph to zero.

CTR said:
Mate, I managed to crack my set of Tar-Ox track day discs on my favourite B-road last week.

And you're suprised at this why exactly?

Oh well, good luck to you...it's your money

evilowl said:
CTR said:
Mate, I managed to crack my set of Tar-Ox track day discs on my favourite B-road last week.

I'm guessing they were cross drilled?

Every one i know whose had aftermarket cross drilled discs has cracked them.

The OEM discs are actually very good for stock and i would stick with blank discs over cross drilled aswell.

HASNIC said:
evilowl said:
CTR said:

I'm guessing they were cross drilled?

Every one i know whose had aftermarket cross drilled discs has cracked them.

The OEM discs are actually very good for stock and i would stick with blank discs over cross drilled aswell.

No they were grooved discs. The F2000 ones.

I've always had better luck with blank discs in all honesty, there were a set of grooved discs on my teg when i got it and i warped them in the first week, the discs now are fine which are blanks :wink:

Back