• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cant live with standard height anymore..

After having the car for around 3 weeks now and having got all the little mods ect done that i wanted i now want to move on to lowering it ..
Its payday on friday so im going to order some buddyclub rear arms and eibach front camber bolts the problem is i cant decide on what springs to get ..

Im currently bidding on some eibach sportlines on ebay (30mm back 45mm front), how will the standard shocks deal with this kind of drop? im not bothered if theyll eat my shocks as in a few months ill be replacing them aswell i just dont want a horrible crashy/sketchy ride ..

The other option is some of apb's 30mm eibach's but i must admit the 30mm back 45mm front apeals to me alot more (i like having my cars fairly slammed) but i dont want to ruin the ride if you get what i mean .. obviously ill be getting the FRSU as soon as the springs ect are fitted but i lowered my old 318ti 70mm all round and it was impossible to roll it but it was wanting to slide out on near enough every corner I DONT WANT THIS ON MY CIVIC ..

So yeah basically how well will my standard shocks handle the sportlines drop? i know the apb's drop is better for handling but im willing to sacrifice that A LITTLE to have my preffered drop :cool:

Cheers Fella's!

IMO if ride height is such a big thing for you then saving up and buying some coilovers in the near future would be the best option.

You say your not bothered if they eat your shocks so I guess you will be replacing them anyway so why not just go for coilovers? Then you can adjust the ride hight until its perfect for you.

I've had ABP 35mm drop springs then went to Meister R coilovers then had a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs 15mm drop on for about a month and i'm now back on Tein coilovers.

So my advice to you would be think about it before you rush out and buy what fits your current budget.

yeah i understand what your saying mate but IMHO coilovers are for track cars especially with the roads over here, obviously alot of people are going to disagree but thats my opinion, i had some on my old MK4 golf and they were rock solid!

My plan was to buy the camber kit, new mounts and springs this friday and maybe in the next month or 2 get some koni yellows from america.

I will 100% be using uprated shocks eventually but for the month or 2 the springs are on my car will the standards hold up? i now the spring rates wont match the damper but will they be ok? i dont want to be driving round on the bump stops or have a bouncy ride if you get what i mean ..

Jack

I wouldn't worry about using uprated springs with your OEM shock for the time being, I had no issues with the ABPs or Eibachs when using the OEM shocks. Granted, mine were not fitted for a great deal of time, but i'm pretty sure many members on here are using uprated/lowering springs with OEM shocks and have been for sometime.

Have you looked at the SPC Eibach rear camber arms ? I think I remember a trader on here offering a special suspension offer including all the bits you mentioned above. Have a dig around the traders questions and fire a few PM's off . Cant hurt to try and save a few extra £ can it ?

Good Luck

cheers fella! i think just to be on the safe side im going to go for the ABP's had a good look round the forum and everyone seems to rave about them and i suppose the drop doesnt look to bad either.

Ill have a scout through the traders section now mate :)

Jack

I'm not sure what the rates are like for the EP3, (I presume that's what you have) but on the EK9 the Eibach springs were only around 10% stiffer than stock. The standard dampers should handle an extra 10% fine assuming they are in good health.

Back