• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car Insurance claims

My mate had an accident some time ago.
Was driving long and a woman pulled out on him at a junction - bang
Now she has claimed that she was waiting to turn and he tried to overtake another car and hit her turning right. They both have the same insurance company and they have now said 50/50 he's well pi55ed as he got injured and will lose his compo and his no claims

any advice?

Surely if he hit her turning right then the damage and point of impact on the road will be in a different place to if she pulled out of the junction and he hit her.
If you get my drift, any police at the scene or pics taken by phones or cameras etc?
Cheers
AC :lol:

andycole said:
Surely if he hit her turning right then the damage and point of impact on the road will be in a different place to if she pulled out of the junction and he hit her.
If you get my drift, any police at the scene or pics taken by phones or cameras etc?
Cheers

I think that's the issue she pulled out and he hit the front offside, so she now claims that as she was turning right he still hits her front offside, think about it

Always carry a european accident statement in the car after my accident, make the buggers sign it there and then or phone the police and say you think the other party is drunk, insurance companies are no help at all, they are out to make as much money and so 50/50 is the best result for them.

miner said:
andycole said:
Cheers

I think that's the issue she pulled out and he hit the front offside, so she now claims that as she was turning right he still hits her front offside, think about it

Was this at a crossroad then? I'm struggling to see how the damage from the real accident can be the same as the way she is telling it now.
AC :oops:

andycole said:
Was this at a crossroad then? I'm struggling to see how the damage from the real accident can be the same as the way she is telling it now.
AC :oops:

I'll double check that with him, the way he explained as she pulled out and he hit her offside front and she claims that he was following her she made a right turn and he hit her as he overtook the invisible car, so I'm assuming it was at a crossroads, thing is that road has lots of turnoffs that arent junctions pubs, snooker hall, shops, factories, hotels etc

Cheers anyways, I hate this thing, I had it once and it's a pet hate. My company just folded on me, and i wasn't even driving it was my ex but I got owned good and proper :evil:

cue a funny owned pic?

Always take pics, even if its with a digital camera, or even better carry a 1.99 disposable throw away camera in your glove box and always take pics of the accident.

Any crap or anything from other party and just say you have wiplash and call an ambulance, the police will have to attend etc etc

Back