• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car Mapped?

Hi,

I have been looking through my cars history from the dealer, and when i got the car is had a DC sports exhaust, CAI etc.

I found in the manual a badge saying top100, and something about race fuel? I got to thinking perhaps the car had been mapped? Is there a way to tell without taking the ecu to bits?

Ive only ever drove my ctr so unsure if it feels faster or not. I know it sounds like a stupid question, but im not taking the p*ss

Look for a port on the ecu casing. You might have kpro.. I've heard of a few people getting nice surprises when looking at their ecu's :)

Of course it may have k100. There are only a couple of screws hiding the ecu together. So have a look :)

It may also just be the standard ecu :lol:

vtec kicks in at 6,000 revs as everyones does i think?

Dotty - Where abouts is the ecu on the ctr? Can i just undo the ecu screws on the casing and then screw back up, wont need to reset keys etc?

As Sikboy says, its under the dash in the passenger footwell. The Trim just pulls off and the ECU is staring you in the face.

Thanks for the help everyone. Really appreciate it.

Will have a look this afternoon.

Ive found all sorts of receipts in the manual. Just wish I had bought if off the person who spent the money, as a pose to the dealer who knew nothing of the modifications.

No idea mate. I've took the badge off now. lol. Looks tat anyways. Turns out there was no kpro. The ecu casing was loose as anything though, and there was only 2 screws in it, instead of 4. lol

Back