• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Castrol Edge 0w30 bought from Eurocarparts

Hi guys, I had my car serviced a month ago and bought most the parts myself ive just done an oil check and I'm down just over half a litre which I thought was quite a lot. checked the receipt from Eurocarparts and they gave me Castrol Edge 0w30 engine oil which could explain why I've burned off so much being a thinner oil. Quickly checked the eurocarparts website and it still specifies 0w30 for my reg but only Castrol Edge all the other brands listed for my car are 5w30 does anyone know if Edge is slightly thicker in comparison to most or if theres another reason for this? Is it ok to keep using it until the next service or should I do another oil and filter change? Alternatively I could do all subsequent top ups with 5w30 starting with the half litre or so it needs now. Any help would be great, thank you.

Ideally 5w40 should be used.

Burns a lot less

Until next service you could keep topping up... or get an oil change done.

Ideally 5w40 should be used.

Burns a lot less

Until next service you could keep topping up... or get an oil change done.

Thanks Stoo, can I top up with 5w30 or even 5w40 or should I stick with the what's in there now?

Back