• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cheaper alternative to Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth to save some cash?

Sorry Sikboy i do mine after a 5 minute drive to the petrol station i use and after a rest period as i fill up.

I re read what you said to check oil after a spirited drive and took this as engine hot if you get me- i see now you mean't after a trashing using the "warm engine" method

Friends ? lol

Sorry Sikboy i do mine after a 5 minute drive to the petrol station i use and after a rest period as i fill up.
This is what I do, as in fill up, pay at the kiosk, return to car, check oil.

Andy, how bad is it mixing oils of the same viscosity if they're both fully synth?

The way I teach my techs, to brand standards, is as follows;

Make sure car is on a level surface.
Start the engine.
Run til cooling fan comes on.
Turn off engine.
Leave to stand for 3 minutes.
Dip oil and check.

Purrfec

This is what I do if I pay at the kiosk, return to car, check oil.

Andy, how bad is it mixing oils of the same viscosity if they're both fully synth?

For short term temporary use okay. Long term the two oils could affect the performance of the other.

That one is a very good oil and really good value for money. Selling lots of it as a cheaper alternative to the Pro S.

I may try that next, got 7 litres of the cheaper Fuchs stuff to burn off first now lol, from Opie of course :)

Back