• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Si Turbo on Type R

Personally, I wouldn't.

Give TDI-North a call, they just finished developing a couple of bolt on turbo kits for the Type R. Much better and you have the fall back of a reputable tuner. Rather than Egay faggotry.

+ 1 go to TDI North, it will save you money in the long run.

Better still dont bother Type R's should stay N/A the engine/chassis was specifically designed for that purpose. If you want boost sell your car and buy an EVO/Subaru as they were designed with boost in mind.

TDi kits start from £2,500. Thats 2000 I havent got. lol. I was hoping the fitment would be exactly the same for the Si as the TR so I could just use the kit for the pipework and replace the turbo if needs be. Would I really notice the difference for the price?

Not worth messing about like that mate. By the time you have factored in all the other costs like labour, kpro, mapping etc it will end up being just as expensive.

I recommend selling your EP3 and buying a car that was designed for a turbo. It would work out a lot cheaper.

There's no ECU in the eBay add.

So factor in a KPro and mapping, so that's another £1000 +

I totally agree with Foolie and SpewGirl, go to TDi pay £2500 and roll out with a reliable, boosted EP3.

Yaaawwwn, for the power, something like 300bhp would be expected, dependent on kit bought.

Personally i wouldnt buy that kit. No injectors/ECU/map sensor ect ect. Turbo is probably a cheap ass chinese unit that wont be worth a carrot. They've tried to make it look like value by adding a cheap catch can and FPR but that's not really needed.
The old saying buy cheap,buy twice turns into buy cheap, remortgage when it comes to going boosted.

TDI's kit does look well made. Im a fan of Precision turbos but would exchange the 6262 they use for a 5857B.
For the price it will be very hard to beat.

Suits, the TDI kit doesn't come with Kpro either. So that would be £3,500. Thanks for advice J7. Would that kit not even be worth it just for the pipework etc, so I could replace the turbo if it is crappy chinese plastic? lol

£750 plus shipping is a lot for some pipework and an intercooler. The cast mani *might* be okay but there's plenty of companies in the states like Pfab who make decent manifolds for not a lot of money. It's never going to make the power comparable to TDI's but it would work. Intercooler piping can be sourced for peanuts at any time so if you wanted to build a kit on the cheap i'd look at for reputable intercooler/Wastegate ect second hand and piece it up from there. The turbo i'd buy new though just for peace of mind. Dont want to build the car only to find the seals are shot the first time you run it up. Even so by the time you buy all that and the time you will spend to get it fitted right it will be worth just buying the TDI kit to be honest. At least you will have some come back if it doesnt work mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot for the help and advice J7. I wouldnt expect as good power gains as TDI for the price. I think I will just start making up my own kit bit by bit n take it to my local tuning company for them to set up. There seems to be alot of turbo kits available for the SI, but not really as many for the Type-r. Would the manifold off of a SI kit fit a type R? I dont know whether fitment would be the same or not.Thanks again

Thanks alot for the help and advice J7. I wouldnt expect as good power gains as TDI for the price. I think I will just start making up my own kit bit by bit n take it to my local tuning company for them to set up. There seems to be alot of turbo kits available for the SI, but not really as many for the Type-r. Would the manifold off of a SI kit fit a type R? I dont know whether fitment would be the same or not.Thanks again

I'd be careful, the SI head will be different to the type r, also really don't see the point in buying the eBay kit. Talk to TDI, see if they will sell you their manifold on its own then add parts as and when you can afford it.

I have gone the turbo'd EP3 route, it costs a lot, but building your own kit based on a ***** load of research/talking to those who know, you will end up infinitely better off than of you were to throw £700+ away on egay.

Back