• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clay attempt No:1 Saturday hopefully, any tips?

Welsh-Rich said:
OllieMorr said:
Welsh-Rich said:
Just an afterthought....megs do a soft wash, which won't strip down any of the wax that has been applied to the car, leaving it looking perfect after a wash again.

Bought some, but haven't waxed the car since so need to try it at some point :oops: :lol:

Doesn't the NXT wash not touch the wax?

To be honest I'm not sure. I don't think it does, but can't guarantee it.

Not used the soft wash yet anyway, the NXT shampoo gives too much of a good shine :D

I found this on a Meguiars website:
IS IT OK TO USE ANY MEGUIAR’S CAR WASH PRODUCT WITH ANY OF THE POLISHES/WAXES, E.G. GOLD CLASS LIQUID CAR WAX OR NXT GENERATION TECH WAX?

All Meguiar’s car wash products are PH neutral, containing no detergent based chemicals that strip away the wax and are therefore safe to use with any of our polishes/waxes. However, it’s best to wash your car with the car wash that has been developed to suit the individual polish/wax. Eg. Gold Class Wax with Gold Class Wash, NXT Generation Tech Wax with NXT Generation Car Wash.

It's still a little vague tho.

Great find Ollie....but your right, it is a litte vague.

Plus why release a soft wash if none of the other shampoos strip the wax anyway? :?

Damn profits :lol:

Welsh-Rich said:
Great find Ollie....but your right, it is a litte vague.

Plus why release a soft wash if none of the other shampoos strip the wax anyway? :?

Damn profits :lol:

Yep, they're :sheep: for our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.

Damn, I'll still buy all their products though!
:lol:

Well I was a clay bar virgin until this weekend gone.............. I started the car at 8:30 in the morning, Rinsed, washed then dried her took a *cough* comfort break.............. :smt033 , and got down with some clay bar action.

My first thought? "What the bl00dy buggery do you do with this?" Anyhoo I went with the "I guess your just supposed to spray and wipe" technique................ the amount of crap that came off I was well stunned!!! I couldnt believe it!!!

My lovely whgite piece of clay had been turned into a brown turd.............. anyway, I clay barred the whole car and dried it off andf that was stage 2 finished.............. I had another comfort break........ :smt033

Now swirling about the place like an evil dervish, I embarked on the next step.............. Paint cleaner....... After going over the whole car with that I now had a cronic attack of the munchies.... so one comfort break later :smt033 , I returned to do the next step.............. the polishing.

I polished the entire car which took around an hour I reckon, although to be perfectly honest I'd lost the plot regarding timescales, and at ar0uond 12:30 decidecd I was feeling peckish again and popped inside for luncheon which involved pleanty of chocoalte and something smingy on toast.

After lunch, I gee'd myself up with a comfort break ( :smt033 ) and headed out to do the final step in the process, the waxing.......... By now my right arm was killing me due to the amount of wiping and polishing I was doing, but a coat of Meguires Gold Class Wax went on a treat........

I took a final final comfort break ( :smt033 ) decided I was well and truelly off my tree and took some puictures, which I'll post up soon after I've got them off the digital camera.

I finished at 3:00pm a whopping 6.5 hours

Looks thwe absolute nuts though and my paintwork is smoother than Smegs chat up lines in a gay bar..........

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh and wwrecked......

:OP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

smeg said:
Glad you got it done hobbo :lol: :lol:
Yeah was really pleased ewith the results mate........... TBH I'm not doing *THAT* everytime I wash me car, but I'll certainly clay bar it alot more than I say paint cleaner and wax it.............. by the 3rd bottle of rub on/ buff off I was F**ked!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had one dodgy moment when I thoguht I may possibly have to go and have a lie down after exerting myself too much in the buffing department, but after composing myself and telling myself that my left arm wasnt a marshmallow I could eat, I championed forth.

8) Thanks for sorting me out with the Megs stuff fella, as I said I'm really impressed with the clay bar.

Just a quick question, can you re-use the clay?

Can you buy the clay seperately as I still hgave a lot of detailer left?

8)

The 'expert' guides usually recommend you split a new clay bar into 3, and only use each piece once, then throw away - so you get 3 full clay bar sessions from 1 clay bar.

I personally have used my whole clay repeatadly, but if it is heavily soiled, or becomes contaminated with fine grit and dirt, I would throw it away.

Best thing is to knead it often to bring a renewed finish to the surface.

Gunn79 said:
The 'expert' guides usually recommend you split a new clay bar into 3, and only use each piece once, then throw away - so you get 3 full clay bar sessions from 1 clay bar.

I personally have used my whole clay repeatadly, but if it is heavily soiled, or becomes contaminated with fine grit and dirt, I would throw it away.

Best thing is to knead it often to bring a renewed finish to the surface.

Cool cheers for that fella! Yeah I split mine into 3 pieces and thus far have only used a 3rd of it. I just wonderted if it wasnt too heavily soiled if you could get another go out of it that was all really!

:O)

Back