• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cluster/dials, water behind cover??

Hi all,

Bought an fn2 CTR yesterday and my face is aching from smiling so much:D
It's my first honda and I'm only gutted I didn't buy one earlier.
I have a few issues I'm hoping you guys can help me with, firstly the dash board cluster (rev counter) the plastic screen is covered In little spots when you catch it at a certain angle, looks like splashes of some sort but they are on the inside of the plastic. Anyone else have this or know how to get it off to clean or replace. It can't be seen from drivers seat but it's a real eye sore from passenger seat and it lets down what is a near perfect interior. The other thing is a gear gaiter but I found a guide for that. And the door sil trim looks a bit tired, and Ide realy like to fit an aux lead.

Main thing I want sorted is the dash display because it's letting down an awesome looking dash.

Any by help much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jordan

I've never heard of water behind the glass to be honest.

You have to take the surround off first, fixings on this diagram:

B__3711.jpg

Then you can get to the covering over the clocks:

B__1210.jpg

Check that the door sill garnish doesn't just still have the plastic covering over them. If so, just peel it off. New garnishes are around £200 a set from Honda IIRC.

If you don't have the aux lead in the glove box, flap between the dash and the gear stick or in the arm rest then you're stuck to hoping one comes up on eBay as Honda don't do the kit any longer. Or you could get a Connects2 or DICE adaptor that will do the same thing. You'll find them via Google. :D

Thanks for the reply mate. The more I look at it I don't think it's water it looks to me like when you tint a window and you have bubbles in it. It's really strange, I can't feel anything on the outside that's why I' think it's on the inside.

The door sill did have the plastic on the passenger side so I just peeled that off :lol: But driver side has already been removed but I can live with that.

i can't find an aux input anywhere so ** have a look into the 2 things you mentioned. The dash looks a nightmare to remove anything from it, even the CD player looks a nightmare to take out.

Thanks again for the diagrams an help.

Back