• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

clutch issue help please

well when i drive my ep3 it judders alot in 2nd gear i feel that there slow respone from the clutch would i need to replace the clutch but what are the signs of the clutch going.

why does it judder when i change gear the gearbox oil was changed in the last service not long ago

any ideas??? :confused:

normal signs of the clutch going is struggling to engage gears in the high RPM range. Whats your milage? the average clutch change seems to be around 65k-75k but that depends on how its been driven it could go earlier

I'm curious by your judder though. How long does this last? and what pedal input have you got when its juddering? Also does this juddering happen in every speed?

to griffin slow response mean i feelin the clutch has delyed response and i feel that it not working the way it should there no promlem with speed or pick but it jus not right i owner to other ep3 so i know how it should be?

to shaenei the milage is 74k the judder is more in traffic and when you drive it in 2nd gear at high revv and light the acc pedel go and the pedel squeeks in traffic

i think guy i have to replace the clutch??

The main thing that I can gather about the ep3 clutch is the finger springs that return the clutch back to its rest position and also returns the pedal to its highest point fail and become weak much before the the friction plate wears away. Is your biting point low? My clutch failed some time back and my biting point was very close to the floor. The juddering may be knackered rotational springs in the friction plate.

thanks buddie the biting piont is low and the spring in the pedal squeeks would i need to replace the the clutch you think and what is the best place to buy a decent clutch for a cheapish price

Back