• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch on its way out

zeffania

1 Armed Warrior
Help!

Clutch was noted as being low on my 2nd service so 20,000 miles

Not sure what to do, need to book it in but it means stripping my clutch and leaving me with a courtesy car

Car is under warrenty but I really am worried. I dont drive it badly so I would hope it hasnt gone

ahhh, could be up to £700 for a new one :cry:

get tgm to pop in a new one maybe think about a diff?

tgm labour charge is cheaper and quicker then honda's set price

I spoke to Tom about the problem and he said its a possible warrenty issue but you never know

Spence, what would I be looking at if I went with a diff cost wise?

If it's a clutch I don't think Honda will do it under warranty tbh cos they use the "Wear & Tear" clause probably Ben :(

I hope you do get it done under warranty mate, but if not like Spencer said defo get Tom to do it, he will be alot cheaper. :wink:

Good luck

If I get Honda to check it will they charge me to strip the clutch and how will I get it to TGM if the clutch is removed?

I am tempted to keep driving it, save and get Tom to fit LSD but can anyone shed some light on how much I will need to save?

zeffania said:
I am tempted to keep driving it, save and get Tom to fit LSD but can anyone shed some light on how much I will need to save?

:? Difficult one.

Can you not get Tom to just have a quick nose & drive & see what he thinks before deciding?

Dunno how much a clutch is tbh Ben. The JDM diff would be plenty for what you'd need imo mate. Although you could go Quaife diff route, although these are circa £500 before fitting iirc.

JDM diff would be coolio imo, you'd probably be able to pick one up for a 3rd of the money for a Quaife from Saj.

HTH's fella.

A clutch should last alot longer than 20k unless you do loads of standing starts..... i'd be pushing for a warrenty claim...

Cheers Lee

Nah thats cool mate, just had a chat with Hasnic so I think a diff is the way to go. Going to speak to Tom, not bother getting Honda to look as I would rather stick £700 towards a good one and have TGM fit it. Just need to save

Neily03 said:
A clutch should last alot longer than 20k unless you do loads of standing starts..... i'd be pushing for a warrenty claim...

Thats what I thought and no I am not one for gunning it from the lights

I am worried that if it isn't a warrenty claim I have to leave it with Honda who charge more labour than TGM and for the cost I would rather but the money towards a diff

zeffania said:
Neily03 said:

Thats what I thought and no I am not one for gunning it from the lights

I am worried that if it isn't a warrenty claim I have to leave it with Honda who charge more labour than TGM and for the cost I would rather but the money towards a diff

Its a tough one to call.....

I'd get Tom to have a look then give you his opinion, I very much doubt Honda will honour a warranty claim on a clutch, I think a clutch is around £200 plus VAT?

I paid about £160+vat for my new clutch from Tom iirc. I had it changed while he was doing the Quaiffe and other bits, although it wasn't really on its way out, it just seemed economical to do it at the same time. 8) My slightly used diff was £300 from TGM - bargain imo. :D Best mod ever! 8) :lol:

Hope you get it all sorted Ben. :wink:

ianwilliams said:
I paid about £160+vat for my new clutch from Tom iirc. I had it changed while he was doing the Quaiffe and other bits, although it wasn't really on its way out, it just seemed economical to do it at the same time. 8) My slightly used diff was £300 from TGM - bargain imo. :D Best mod ever! 8) :lol:

How much was fitting on the Quaiffe and clutch then matey?
AC :lol:

andycole said:
ianwilliams said:

took the words out my mouth :lol:

Yes a clutch is normally a wear and tear part BUT if you can prove or if your friendly dealer will accept that the problem was caused by a design fault either directly or indirectly then you have a case.

I have had 1 clutch replaced under warranty and having my second replaced as we speak.

R20190 said:
Yes a clutch is normally a wear and tear part BUT if you can prove or if your friendly dealer will accept that the problem was caused by a design fault either directly or indirectly then you have a case.

I have had 1 clutch replaced under warranty and having my second replaced as we speak.

I dont want to take the risk that they might not change it as I cannot afford for Honda to charge my £600-£700 for a new one

andycole said:

:oops:

I got a bill for parts and labour that included everything else too, so I don't exactly know how much the diff and clutch were to fit, sorry.

Back