• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch or gearbox issue

Recently i noticed my bite point drop lower. i was driving my ep3 hard when all of a sudden i noticed it wouldnt let me shift at high rpm unless i double clutched it. It happened all of a sudden. When i drive slowly and sensibly i can get around but it doesnt like shifting in all gears at high rpm. Could this be gearbox issue or clutch?

Recently i noticed my bite point drop lower. i was driving my ep3 hard when all of a sudden i noticed it wouldnt let me shift at high rpm unless i double clutched it. It happened all of a sudden. When i drive slowly and sensibly i can get around but it doesnt like shifting in all gears at high rpm. Could this be gearbox issue or clutch? Ps theres no slipping and the gears dont pop out of gear

I had the same in my EP3 back a few years ago, changing my clutch did solve the issue for me. I got a genuine Honda clutch kit including release bearing.

Definitely sounds like the clutch.

Also thread moved to the correct section.

Back