• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Coil/spring sleeves

Hi all,

My apex springs are almost certainly pinging against themselves when being moved about while steering. The only thing I can think of to try and resolve the issue is to put some sleeves on them to stop the metal pinging. I can only seem to find some on eBay that don't look like I would expect, some sort of expanding snake skin stuff.

Has anyone see any others or know of what I can use to achieve what I want?

Thanks

Hey bud. I took the entire strut and spring apart yesterday along with the top hats. Everything was cleaned and checked over to ensure everything was in working order which it was. This issue has been going on for years and the top hats and bearings have been replaced in an attempt to resolve it. I've replaced everything that could be the problem and still I get a slight ping when steering round sharp corners at low speeds. The only thing I have left to do is cover the top and bottom of the spring with a sleeve

Change them to Eibach springs, Apex and Spoon are well known to be noisy.

Back