• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cool air intake

i am thinking of getting a skunk2 CAI for my fn2 but have heard some horror story's about them causing hydro locked engines. is this common? and is they any way can reduce the chances of this happening. i have had a look at the typhoon and the hks ones but prefer the skunk2 one. any info would be great or recommendations for an intake. and also a fitting guide if anyone has done one

You'll only get hydrolock if you drive through a puddle deep enough to submerge the filter and it sits behind the fog light so it would be some pretty deep standing water. It is possible though.

I made really good power with the HKS and it sounded better than the Skunk2 IMHO.

There's a guy selling a Hybrid Racing one on civinfo facebookers for nearly half the price I bought mine.

Well worth it as they are cracking pieces of kit, easier to install and have a unique hydrolocking prevention valve.

cheers guys. only problem with the hybrid racing one for me is the look. have you got any pictures of yours fitted? and is the HKS one easy to fit. also does this not need any moving of parts like the skunk2 and hybrid racing ones?

Back