• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

copy Mugen Grill......

Just took a punt and bought a primed copy mugen grill off ebay. Has anyone bought one of these before? i want to know whether its a clean fit and doesnt leave any nasty gaps or anything?
Any advice???

I bought one and was a decent fit, will be slightly off but it's the price you pay. All depends on how well it was made.

There's quite a good chance the fit will be crappy. Its just down to your luck and what particular copy you bought. There's plenty of threads on here about mugen replica grill fitment

I bought one and was a decent fit, will be slightly off but it's the price you pay. All depends on how well it was made.

have you got any pics of yours C4doc?
I actually bought it off the forum and he says he had it off ebay but never fitted it (maybe cos it was a crap fit, i dont know) I only paid £45 posted for it. Going to be gutted though if it leaves massive gaps etc. Just cant afford the genuine mugen grill, cant justify spending that amount!

If the fit is off, you can have a body shop sand dremel away any excess that causes misalignment; just means you'll have to pay a bit extra for paint/bodyshop work.

If it's not a good fit, and you're prepared to get it done properly it won't be a problem for any body shop worth their salt.

It's best to buy genuine as the fit is spot on; I do understand that the prices are ludicrous though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the prices are crazy, id love a CF bonnet and spoiler but its insane how much they charge for it. No wonder people are wrapping them now, and to be honest al though they dont look anywhere near as good as the real thing they dont look too bad especially as a distance. Im going to get my mate to spray it up within the next week then once fitted i will post a pic and you can let me know what you think. Only cost me £45 posted so cant complain too much really.

have you got any pics of yours C4doc?
I actually bought it off the forum and he says he had it off ebay but never fitted it (maybe cos it was a crap fit, i dont know) I only paid £45 posted for it. Going to be gutted though if it leaves massive gaps etc. Just cant afford the genuine mugen grill, cant justify spending that amount!

My guy tried to mould mine into the bumper. Do not get that done.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...el-refurb-13.04.11**&highlight=Finally+Milano

what happened when he tried to do that. Yours looks really smart, im thinking of putting a mugen badge on my grill instead of the usual "H". Love the leather seats you got in there too. How much did you pay for your grill and fitting if you dont mind me asking?

sorry to post in your thread 2 fast. but i was just wondering guys would a 04 mugen grill fit my 02 are they the same fitment? chears

sorry to post in your thread 2 fast. but i was just wondering guys would a 04 mugen grill fit my 02 are they the same fitment? chears
ble

Thats not a problem mate, you can post wherever and whenever you want. Yes i think it will fit as i believe 04 is still prefacelift, i think 05 and onwards are the facelift models but i may be wrong, there are people with more knowledge on here than me that will be able to tell you but yeah i think it will fit.

Don't think it will mate but it depends, if the 04 is for a face lift then i think the top sections are different iirc.

Back