• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cracked the windscreen of courtesy car

NickCTR

Moron
Car was being serviced and whilst driving the courtesy car, the tiniest of stones hit the windscreen. So small I never even saw it, sounded like hitting a wasp. Anyway, the windscreen cracked from the side to about 10 inches inwards

I paid the garage £10 beforehand to use the car on their insurance. This morning one of the receptionists phoned me up and said I have to pay £250 for a replacement screen :eek:

Obviously I said get tae. He said the service manager would be in touch

So where do I stand here guys? Surely that`s no way to run a business! I would have paid the norm of £70 excess etc but that doesn`t apply to courtesy car cover apparently

Im sure you can get it replaced cheaper than that if you go to Auto Windscreens your self

The excess will be detailed on whatever you signed when you took the courtesy car. VW's excess is something scary like £500 I think.

Christ, that`s £250 aswell. I tried looking for quotes on Autoglass etc but you have to fill in name and address and phone number etc which means the tw@s and their associates will be phoning every night offering all kinds of business :evil:

:eek: Whenever mines in for a service and i get a courtesy car i've always been told the excess is £500, but if i pay £6 waiver fee that covers for any damage.

I'll have to look a bit closer next time in case it doesn't actually cover the windscreen.

Back