• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Creaking steering rack???

I've noticed over the last couple of days, that whilst manoeuvering the car in carparks and into parking spaces that the steering creaks when it nears full lock!!! Is this a known problem or anything to worry about?

Its a known issue mate, and if it is the rack you'll get a free replacement if its still under warranty. Mine made a similar noise that I thought was the rack, but it turned out just to be the strut top mounts - a quick tighten and all was well again. 8) Pop it to the dealer and they'll sort you out. :wink:

I had creaking/groaning steering which was cured by my dealer tightening the front strut top mounts. :wink:

Cheers peeps! I'll give them a call... and also ask them about the mssing tray under the passenger seat...

Do people also have a problem with the driver's side sunvisor? Mine seems 'floppy' for want of a better word and the car is a '05 final edition with 8k on the clock! :?

K19NE G said:
Do people also have a problem with the driver's side sunvisor? Mine seems 'floppy' for want of a better word and the car is a '05 final edition with 8k on the clock! :?

Yep, I've had this problem too mate, but mine's a 51 plate with 44k miles on the clock. It made a snapping sound when I flipped it down one day, and then it became, erm...floppy! A new one was required, and iirc it was about £40! :shock: :lol: I guess yours will be a warranty job though.

Back