• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Crunchy 4th gear? Any help to a newbie

Hi.As above new to the group. I've just brought my first ep3. And need some help i brought the car as a fixer upper as I got it super cheap. I have a slight crunch going into 4th the clutch is totally shot to. What are the cost/labour times to fit a clutch? Also the cost of having the box refreshed. Also what make of clutch to go for? Many thanks

Hi.As above new to the group. I've just brought my first ep3. And need some help i brought the car as a fixer upper as I got it super cheap. I have a slight crunch going into 4th the clutch is totally shot to. What are the cost/labour times to fit a clutch? Also the cost of having the box refreshed. Also what make of clutch to go for? Many thanks

I'd stick to OEM clutch, box might not need any repairs it could all be down to the clutch itself. Worthwhile spending the extra £100 odd to get the box checked whilst it's out for th clutch replacement. Good luck

Clutch replacement is around £350 depending on the garage. Another vote for an OEM clutch.

I've similar issues with mine. Clutch pedal has hardly any travel, have to push real hard to get it to engage gears and crunchy up in the high gears at high revs.

I've bought a genuine clutch kit from Tegiwa including fluid and a braided clutch line for 236 quid.

I've a mate fitting it on the cheap for me so whole job should be relatively cheap and solve my issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back