• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR De-cat?

Hey, just after a bit of advise...

Recently purchased and fitted a Tanabe SMR cat-back ehaust, and looking for a "De-cat" option.

Had a quick search on the forums and could see that the Magnex was mentioned.

My question is, what other options are available? When i fitted the exhuast, i noticed the manifold and the cat seemed to be in-one, if this is true, how does the de-cat work?

Thanks!!!

You can replace the CAT with a de-cat pipe with no problems, I'm not sure what other options are available but they all do the same thing afaik, I wouldn't bother too much unless you have a K-Pro.

the cat and the manifold are two seperate pieces. You can buy a simple de-cat pipe from CPL or buy a race header which would replace the manifold and cat sections in one piece

FreakOnALeash said:
the cat and the manifold are two seperate pieces. You can buy a simple de-cat pipe from CPL or buy a race header which would replace the manifold and cat sections in one piece

Really? Maybe i was just being stupidly blind, it looked like the manifold was attached directly to the cat, obviously not.

What, or where is CPL?

Also, does anyone know prices im looking at for this?

Does the de-cat make any noise difference? I can't afford a race header, so was hoping a de-cat would beef up the exhuast a little bit, as it seems a bit tame to what iv come from (straight through decatted clio 16v - similar to the williams).

If you de-cat your car your engine warning light will come on. Tio rectify this you need an O2 sensor. Not very expensive.

The only other problem is that your car will run very lean like this and it is highly rccomended that you purchace a KPro and get an induction kit before de-catting.

Back