• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR Miles to a full tank?

Hi there all,

I know theres an answer to this in the FAQ, but I'd like to discuss it a little more.

My little civic 1.4i does about 200 miles until the light starts appearing, and it costs me £35 - £40 to fill her up. However a friend of mine who has a Yaris 1.5vti pays £40 and gets about 250 - 300 miles out of her car til the light comes on.

1) Is it because of driving habits, or do VTIs consume less petrol?
2) How many miles does your CTR (or any other car) do to a full tank and how much do you pay for a full tank?
3) I've heard of this air modification for the CTR that allows you to get lots more milage out of a full tank and increases performance, anyone know anything about that?

Umm. I don't know about the other Civics, but a CTR has a 50 litre tank, and the red light usually comes on when there's only 8-9 litres left.

At 94p per litre, that's £38.54 for 41 litres.

I usually get about 260 miles out of that with mixed driving economically, ie. VTEC to 70mph and then cruise in 6th.

Thats very strange though. From the figures it seems that your 2.0l CTR is more economical then my 1.4i.

That don't seem right! :?

CTR said:
I get about around 180-210 miles per tank.

same here......

but I did get 320 on the M4 going to London and back driving at a steady 80mph 8)

If I had a 1.4 that did that badly on fuel, i'd be selling it.... :shock:

Do you give it death everywhere or something....

If you fill up with £40 @ 93.9p per litre and only get 200 miles to that £40 tank. That's....

21.3mpg!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: From a 1.4!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I normally get around 280 ish to 45 litres. This is different driving and most times I don't hang around.

I recently managed 385 miles from 45 litres just cruising at 70 - 80.

The K20 will stay economical below 4000 rpm, any higher and it will drink a lot. It doesn't like anything much below 1700-2000 rpm either.

Most Honda engines will consime less petrol when the rpm is kept under half of the total range avaliable, so I'd imagine for your engine this would be somewhere in the 3500 rpm mark.

MUXY said:
CTR said:
I get around 180-210 miles per tank.

same here......

but I did get 320 on the M4 going to London and back driving at a steady 80mph 8)

I got roughly that travelling to TDI North. Think I did roughly half a tank going up and half a tank coming back. Can't really remember as I filled up in the only Shell services on the way back on the M6.

do u think im filling up too early then?
Will there be some kind of other alert in my vehicle if the tank is nearly finished or will it just stop??

But then my DC2 clocks up worse economy than most similair modified CTR's on the motorway, my cruising revs are up at around 5krpm so it depends on how the gearing and everything works. My car on track clocks the same MPG figures as Friendys supercharged and cam'd CTR so go figure :lol:

I got 330 miles out of a tank at 110mph.....I know the tank was empty cos the car cut out at 110mph :lol: :oops:

Black R said:
I got 330 miles out of a tank at 110mph.....I know the tank was empty cos the car cut out at 110mph :lol: :oops:

Lmao you nutter :lol: :lol:

I get around 200-230 miles to a tank, but its mostly short town trips atm.

just filled up with 45.35 ltrs did 308.5 miles
so i make that 30.93 mpg

got me thinking wonder what i could of had out of it if i'd not gone for a blast round the country roads of Leak yesterday :shock:

Just got 32.96! :(
Did quite a bit of motorway driving, but cuz I'm in traffic alot, I think that's why it's soo low...

should be atleast 35mpg I imagine... Londons bad!

Back