• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cusco Type OS Strut Braces

Can anyone confirm if the Cusco Type OS Front Strut Brace fits a CTR with air-con without having to move or modify anything in the engine bay??

I have had an email from Performance Solution suggesting that its a direct fit for all EP3 models. Just want to confirm this.

Also does anyone have pics of one fitted, or has one and can give a review??

I am considering one over the J's Racing item, as the Cusco looks lighter and point to point for better stiffness.

Also soes anyone have the rear upper brace as well.

Price I was quoted if anyone is interested;

Cusco Type OS Front £121.53+VAT
Cusco Type OS Rear £121.53+VAT

10% off above once we verify your member status

J's and Cusco etc will have to come from Japan aim 3 weeks

Delivery is £10.00+VAT

Cheers. :)

CTR_Paul said:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2505&highlight=cusco+strut

;)

That rear brace has got my attention :twisted:

Cheers for that link - I saw a copy of that post on CTRO. I definitely like the look of them.

The front strut brace is preferable to me over the J's version as it does not require you to fit the air-con pipe through the brace mount and push the pipe against the engine block. And as I dont have a Gruppe M there are no worries about fitment and clearance.

Gonna order front and rear today from Performance Solution I think. :D

Gunn79 said:

If you hold on a couple of hours I'll see if Sumo can add this to the Group Buy on the ITR forum, in which case we might be able to get them for 15% off. :D

CTR_Paul said:
Gunn79 said:

If you hold on a couple of hours I'll see if Sumo can add this to the Group Buy on the ITR forum, in which case we might be able to get them for 15% off. :D

Will do - Let me know the outcome :D

Yes as you can see from my thread the cusco requires no air-con or reseviour mods. You are right the front brace will not allow fitting of GruppeM. The rear strut is a straight swap though.

Gunn, still not heard from Sumo.

This isn't me being slack, it's them not replying.

Might order one from performance solution instead.

CTR_Paul said:
Gunn, still not heard from Sumo.

This isn't me being slack, it's them not replying.

Might order one from performance solution instead.

Cheers for trying to find out from Sumo.

I went ahead and ordered the 2 braces on Monday evening from PS. They have a good order tracking system you can view, so you know whats happening with regards to payment, delivery etc...

Email them first stating you are a CTRO member - and you should receive an email with a login name and password for the discount prices 8)

Gunn79 said:
Email them first stating you are a CTRO member - and you should receive an email with a login name and password for the discount prices 8)

Excellent ! I'll do that then 8)

Back