• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cut AEM CAI

I'm after a second hand AEM CAI, and have seen a few that have been cut in half, to avoid hydrolock in bad weather. (Presumably). Anyway, im wondering if this affects their performance at all? Does anyone use one thats been modified in this way? What are peoples opinions? Should i buy a normal or butchered!! :confused:

i am getting one of vtec si that has been cut, just gonna get my mate to seem weld it back. You can get a silicone link for it as well.

I have the bypass valve fitted and you lose some of the sound for sure..

mine is chopped in half n still sounds awesome i dont know about performance loss though ? shouldn't be any different

mine is chopped in half n still sounds awesome i dont know about performance loss though ? shouldn't be any different

Do you have the bypass valve there or is it one you bought that had been chopped up and you have just connected them togther again?

Back