• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

dc sports shorty header-do i need a de cat as well?

I bought one of these off here a couple of weeks ago. Is it a waste of time putting this on on its own or will i see any gains with this and mapping?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the idea of the shorty header is that you can either have cat in place or a straight pipe, depending on whats required.

CTR_Paul said:
Zippo got very good results with a decat and shorty. I'd get a decat pipe as well if i were you.

Kent is running stock manifold, but with decat IIRC.

lecurie said:
but is it worth it just to have the shorty header on?

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean with no mapping? I would say that you would be better of getting it mapped as otherwise there is a danger of the engine running too lean.

i mean would there be decent gains on its own (ive got kpro) or does the de cat make a lot of difference

lecurie said:
i mean would there be decent gains on its own (ive got kpro) or does the de cat make a lot of difference

Oh right. Not to sure TBH but if people are seeing good gains on standard manifold and De Cat then you'd see this on the header too.

I gues you got the DC sports shorty header this will allow you to keep the Stock CAT in place, I would guess gains will be very minimal.

You can obviously remove the CAt and put a de-Cat pipe on complete with the shorty header, this will gain you some more BHP.

Best to have it mapped if you have K-Ppr or the like, then you will get better results

Back