• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Decat Pass MOT?

1st MOT in Sept. Can anybody tell me if they managed to pass an MOT with the CAT off their vehicle? Are the chances very slim?

Find a friendly MOT tester who will stick the sensor up another exhaust in exchange for a bottle of his favourite single malt. ;)

Fail more than likely! I can't have de-cat as I found out today. :( (JDM one too short)

It definatly wont pass, you need to know someone.

Not 'definatly' as mine did :D. It was a regular MOT tester, booked in through my dealer and taken down by them. I have a print out of the emission sheet. All pass.

:O

well all I can say is the Engine must be one clean running mother f****r! Honda derserve many awards!

Good map I guess, and I got em to give her a good run so she was nice and warm before it went in.

Mine failed with a decat (Toda Mani).

Fast idle was ~ 0.6% CO2 (with tweeking of the map I got that down to ~0.4%)
With the cat on it was hovering between 0.01% and 0.00% CO2 :lol:

I tried several maps and none were suitable. TBH I'm surprised a fairly standard K20 could pass without a cat.

if you make that k-pro fairly lean then it shouldn't b a problem ... just don't drive on it for too long.

G, well done for that, keep that map for MOT, but if you dont already have an AFR fitted I'd get it checked coz you might just be running very very lean..

It is just my normal map Paul has done. And all seems fine :)

if you make that k-pro fairly lean then it shouldn't b a problem ... just don't drive on it for too long.

G, well done for that, keep that map for MOT, but if you dont already have an AFR fitted I'd get it checked coz you might just be running very very lean..

It's pretty unlikely because most maps have very little done to the idle fuelling (which is pretty rich, so if the car goes into limp mode you're not doing any damage). I took a good lot of fuel out of my cars idle (and fast idle ~3500rpm) on the relevant cam angles for my MOT and made damn sure the car was warmed up, and not driven under any strain on them. As soon as the MOT test was done the old map was uploaded. Shame it didn't work!

Ok here's a question, i have a honda civic 1993 vti, now if i was to put a 2004 k20 in there, what would my emisions have to be, the test for the K20 (2004 regs)? or the test my vti (1993 regs)?

If 1993 then i dont need a cat, if 2004 then i do

Please advise

I can get an MOT no matter what the problem is ;) ill slip him £70 thats inc MOT and he will tell me what i need to get done;) :D

lol

I can get an MOT no matter what the problem is ;) ill slip him £70 thats inc MOT and he will tell me what i need to get done;) :D
OMG I can get an MOT for £40 & the extra 10 quid I bung him for some drinks is through my choice!
The things that matter are if you & others are safe i.e brakes, lights work etc. Your not gonna put ur mouth around the exaust are ya.
When all is said & done you loose about 1bhp with a cat on anyway, You could never tell the difference!!!

Back