• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Diagnostics problem.....

Hey guys I'm new to the site and have a quick question regarding diagnostics. First of all my spec list is, dc sports manifold, hks system, rbc intake manifold, aem v2 induction kit and a unichip version Q fitted and mapped to suit. My car is an 02 EP3 Civic Type R

I was driving the car last night and while going on a spirited run in 5th gear while easing off a bit and going back on the throttle I felt a slight hesitation and the CEL came on. Afterwards the car seemed to be driving fine and vtec etc was still engaging.

When I got home I tried to carry out a diagnostics using a guide I found by bridging out ports 4 and 9 in the obd2 plug but the car wudnt go in to diagnostics mode for some reason.

Is this something to do with the unichip or is there some other reason why the car wouldn't go in to diagnostics mode? Also does anyone have any ideas what the fault might be?

The fault code has been cleared now after disconnecting the battery but I would like to know how I can check it again if it does pop up again. Cheers in advance for any help.

Back