• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX did they ever do a type-r version of the s2000 ?

Sorry for being predantic, been caught up in the banner tustle, and i've heard comments about this being a type-r forum and not specifically a ctr forum, ... so how does the s2000 fair in the scheme of things ? did they do a type r ? please excuse my ignorance in these matters :wink:

As far I know no, there has never been a type-r version. Its just the S2000, take it or leave it.

In the UK there are only two types (I think), normal and GT, not sure of the differences but they perform very similar, either way models after 04 have better handling because of suspen adjustments and wheel size increase, so 04 onwards and you cant go wrong

No, never has been an S2000 Type R.

Alot of people have made personal projects though, nice and light with power mods. :twisted: :twisted:

Even though the S2K and NSX don't have type r versions (well the NSX has but only avaliable in Japan AFAIK) I felt they deservered their own section.

True sporting Honda's they are so here's a section for them.

I think they never made one because it cant really be made better, ok they could remove a/c, lecky windows, lighter seats but power couldnt increase (laws + emissions etc) so maybe suspension, and a body kit, for the money its not really worth developing.

The only difference between the 'normal' car and the GT is that the GT comes with the hardtop. No other difference.

As for the suspension, it was revised for the 04 model to make it a little more pliant.

Owners of earlier cars refer to it as the soft version. However, all cars are equal on track.

Sorry WRumbled, disagree. The 04 onward 2000 is better round a track, Tsuchiya proves this in the just released BMI video, if i remember it was 4 odd seconds faster and easier to drive faster, more stable on the track

Clements said:
Sorry WRumbled, disagree. The 04 onward 2000 is better round a track, Tsuchiya proves this in the just released BMI video, if i remember it was 4 odd seconds faster and easier to drive faster, more stable on the track
Don't believe all you see and hear on TV.

All cars are equal around a track. It has been proven by members of the s2ki forum when a number of cars were taken out on track by the same racing driver and posted equal times in the same conditions.

If the 04 was better then I would be shouting it from the rooftops, would I not, considering I own an 04.

I understand that, but ill have to lend you my dvd just to show you what ive seen (not saying you wrong) I too thought the old one was better too but ive just seen the drift king do other wise, thats all.

Back