• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Direct Line

Having never modded any of my previous cars before I got an itch for it recently that I needed to scratch, so to start with I bought some new alloys which were delivered late yesterday. This put a nice big smile on my face.. UNTIL i phoned up direct line anyway!

I have 7 WEEKS left on my policy with them and they expected me to cough up £100 to put them on my car for that amount of time, I would have happily paid £20-30 but not £100! Does this seem ridiculous or is it just me?

It's safe to say when my 7 weeks are up I will be leaving them, have already got an online quote from sky and was very happy with their price. Just annoying now I have to leave my alloys sitting here gathering dust. Rant over.

Why not let them know that you won't be renewing in 7 weeks unless they quote a sensible price, they'll probably knock it down.

Direct line are rubbish. They doubled our House insurance even though we never made a claim, or had any contact with them for the 12 months of the policy.

When we phoned them they said it was correct for adding a conservatry.

Went on the website, put our details in and got a quote for the same as the previous year, phoned them again and they told us this was standard practice for new policies.

Why not let them know that you won't be renewing in 7 weeks unless they quote a sensible price, they'll probably knock it down.

Have just got off the phone with them, they lowered the price to £80 and said they wouldn't go any lower regardless if I renew with them or not. I still refused to pay as I simply can't justify that amount for a measely 7 weeks worth of cover.

Have just got off the phone with them, they lowered the price to £80 and said they wouldn't go any lower regardless if I renew with them or not. I still refused to pay as I simply can't justify that amount for a measely 7 weeks worth of cover.

Cool, so you are effectively not covered by the policy you had paid for.

Invalidated insurance policy's are awesome.

No i'm still covered, new wheels are just looking pretty in the corner of my living room until I either give in to greedy insurance or until I get a new policy

Waiting game it is then
I guess there is a plus point to all this: Gives me time to save for some lowering springs :)

Having never modded any of my previous cars before I got an itch for it recently that I needed to scratch, so to start with I bought some new alloys which were delivered late yesterday. This put a nice big smile on my face.. UNTIL i phoned up direct line anyway!

I have 7 WEEKS left on my policy with them and they expected me to cough up £100 to put them on my car for that amount of time, I would have happily paid £20-30 but not £100! Does this seem ridiculous or is it just me?

It's safe to say when my 7 weeks are up I will be leaving them, have already got an online quote from sky and was very happy with their price. Just annoying now I have to leave my alloys sitting here gathering dust. Rant over.

They deal with standard UK car insurance.. modified cars need modification friendly insurers..

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

There not on any comparison site's, i wonder why, hehehe. I have had dealings in the past, will not use them again, customer service, what a joke.

Back