• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Diskloks

A serious car thief will see a disclock as an invite. :lol:

Insurance companies don't seem to have much reference to this type of item.

Nothing more than a visual deterent tbh.

I still put my steering bar lock on, but it won't affect the insurance. Trackers don't that much either tbh, not unless they are required on the car to get insurance in the first place.

A-Plan told me that the price would hardly change if I had one fitted :?

Scousefella said:
A serious car thief will see a disclock as an invite. :lol:

But professionals aren't interested in cheapo Jap hatchbacks.

Thus it makes amatuers think...nah we'll move on and find one thats easier...

Mines just gone back on, hey if it makes a thief think twice then hopefully he will leave your alone. I just wish you could use it to batter morons who feel that 30 zones are for sticking to. Saying that in Wilkinsons I found a wheel lock that was shaped exactly like a baseball bat even with a handle. Was rather tempted :twisted:

garypaul said:
I got fed up battering the interior of my car with the disklok so gave up in the end :roll:

I have a bag for mine that velcros to the mat in the boot

No affect on insurance, but worth it as it will add 2-5 minutes onto the time required to steal your car, putting off the casual thief. Pro's will just come and take your keys off you.

Back