• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Display of Private Messages in Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3

NeilH

Banned
I wanted to post this, to ask if anyone has noticed anything strange with respect to the display of private messages in Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3?

I am currently using a laptop running Windows XP Service Pack 3 will all of the current security updates, on which I am running both current builds of Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.

I have just logged into the forum this morning, using Internet Explorer 7 and saw that I have been sent a PM; everything as I would expect, apart from one thing. All of last night, I was using Firefox 3 to use the forum. The PM that I have just responded to was sent to me last night, just before 8pm. Firefox did not display this PM and I was surfing between the fourm index and different sub-forums until about 12am.

To clarify, I didn't access the Private Message area but it didn't show up at the top of the Index until this morning and using Internet Explorer.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back