• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do i really need a rack riser and tie rod ends?

I have recently purchased some yellowspeed coilovers and keep seeing conflicting reviews to weather or not i need a rack riser and the extended tie rod ends. My car is currently on ABP/Eibach 30mm springs, which i have had no issues with in terms of having toe and camber set up, so im asuming as i only want to drop the car at the same level it already sits that a rack riser and tie rods are not needed?

Mounting points for the steering arm on the shocks of the generic BC/YellowSpeed coilovers is lower than the standard shock. So no you don't need the bracket.
You need the arms to be at an angle to reduce bump steer. I've seen some set ups where the rack raiser bracket is fitted 'upside down' with inverted rod ends to eliminate bump steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back