• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do I take my car to the dealers?

I have an 02 ctr that I have had for about 6 months. I had Silkolene Pro-s 5-40 put in when it was serviced. The car seems to be drinking oil at an alarming rate and is starting to worry me.

I am having to top up with about half a litre every week or two. I do short journeys during the week of about 3 miles to work and then 3 miles home. At weekends I do longer journeys of about 60 - 100 miles each way. I always keep the revs below 4000 during the work journeys. On a weekend I do use vtec a little but always make sure that I have driven at least 10 miles before doing so. I have only run the car on optimax fuel.

Is this ammount of oil usage acceptable or should i be getting my dealer to check it out?

I know there are lots of questions about this in the forums but am after your views to put my mind at rest.

Difficult one mate.

Every CTR owner has different stories about the amount of oil they use and the differences are very different

Half a litre a week does seem a little high to me .

Put your mind at rest and let the dealer have a look.

I'm sure it won't cost that much and better to be safe than sorry.

To add to what mark said have you noticed any pathes under the car when parked up?

Back