• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do new springs really settle?

has some 35mm springs fitted today and there is a big difference but to be honest i was expecting a bit more for 35mm, i have seen a few people say they settle in a week or so, is this true? below is a pic of my 35mm drop.

cvlow_zps88281998.jpg

cvlow2_zps78efec54.jpg

I'm pretty sure it normally takes a day or two before the springs settle and show the true nature of the drop.

Pro sport mate, took it back today thought because everytime i turn the wheel theres a nocking grinding sound :(

Really what are them mate? I was told top strut bearing nd sounde like ball joint, but do you really think it could be what you said?

There will have been sleeves on your original springs. They need to be put on the new ones.

Yeah. Would cause the noise. Turn the steering wheel to full lock ( ideally on jacks to save your tyres) and you should be able to see them

Im sure its only coming from the left side though, could it not be what they said the top strut bearing? He said the spring dont look like its moving or something.

As tomcat buddy, put the sleeves from the old springs, to your new lowering springs and that will sort you out.

Would try the sleeves first. Could also be the fact the spring isn't seated right. Also the top mount plates go on one way round. Another possible cause.

Back