• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Cutting out

This has only happens on the odd occasion (possibly about 5 times in the year I've had the car), but sometimes when I'm slowing the car to a stop it will just cut out. I'll put my foot back down on the accelerator pedal to go, but then realise the engine is off and have to turn the key again. :oops:
Looks like the revs drop to below 500 and dont manage to bounce back in time before cutting out for whatever reason. :?
I'm sure it's not my lack of driving skill!

I've done a number of searches on both this site and the 'other' site and the only things I can find that may be to do with the problem are the O2 sensor or valve clearences.

I told my local Honda dealer about the problem and they have ordered in a new Throttle Body. Does anybody know what the implications of a new one of these is?

Cheers,
Ollie.

i don't know if its a simular problem i had with a Vectra,( i know there worlds apart) but it was the idle control valve. Car cut out as you brake coming to a stand still. Fitted new one and it never happened again.

easy fix.

hope this helps

Cheers Mate. I might mention that to them.
They've got the throttle body in for me, so I'll probably see how that fares first.

Throttle body was replaced about a month ago. Car seems perfect now - no more cutting out! 8)
However, it does seem to be using more oil now. :?

my revs been totally dropping as i come to a stop ie at a set of traffic lights.

it sounds very much like what is happening to yours but my engine doesnt cut out completely.

better take it back to the dealer to have it loooked at :?

GaryMan said:
my revs been totally dropping as i come to a stop ie at a set of traffic lights.

it sounds very much like what is happening to yours but my engine doesnt cut out completely.

better take it back to the dealer to have it loooked at :?

That's kinda what happened with mine. The revs would go well low and then the engine would die. Embarassing when you don't realise and then go to drive off and.....nothing. :oops:

that happened to me last week. Stopped at the traffic lights and when it was green, put my foot down and nothing :?

look down at the dash and realised a few lights was on so turned the keys again to start the engine and away i went.

Did you get this done under warrenty or did you have to pay yourself??

Back