• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Flatspots

Dynax

The Babysitter
Not sure where to post this, so move it if you feel the need.

Im not sure exactly what it is, or if its meant to do it, but i cant remember my engine ever doing it before.

I can only notice it in first gear, but my car really doesnt pull until it hits 3k revs.

2nd gear, if you accelerate from minimal revs (1k ish) it pulls the whole way through until the limit.

In first gear, my car doesnt pull until it hits 3k. It'll pull below 3k, but you can feel it pick up alot better as soon as the needle touches 3k.

I cant remember it ever doing it, my friend said it might be my decat, but it never did it before?

I cant work out if i have a dodgy fuel filter or whatever. Just wondered if this was normal.

Also looking at my dyno graph, my graph seems very linear and constant so cant see why it would pick up at around 3k revs only in 1st gear.

Its almost as if i have a crappy vtec :lol:

Might be your fuel filter Rich or just some shiz in the petrol tbh mate.

Try taking it for a decent spin & see if she coughs it out of her system.

Could possibly be plugs, but would of thought that would affect our gears to?

Just trying to make an educated guess.

I've noticed it for a while now, past month or so.

Its only first gear. You can feel/hear it pick up. Really odd.

Not due for a service for a while yet (7k miles i think) so :?

Not sure what to do! When it goes in for some work at performance3000 i'll ask and see what they say

Whats the milage of the car?

Have you checked HT leads, Plugs, re set the ecu etc.... ?

Andy

Yeah theres a cold air induction kit on it. Although it never happend when it was first fitted.

Filling up randomly, Esso, Shell, Texaco etc.

Cars about to hit 50k (48something atm)

pull the fuse for the ecu mate.... might help by resetting the ecu, as it sounds to me like its the ecu hesitating after being at idle.

If not then have a bash with your fuel filter, plugs, induction filter or fuel injectors.... but to be any of those it'd be normal to expect it in all gears.

:wink:

Dynax said:
Yeah theres a cold air induction kit on it. Although it never happend when it was first fitted.

Filling up randomly, Esso, Shell, Texaco etc.

Cars about to hit 50k (48something atm)

You should really try to stick to one brand of fuel where possible. :wink:

Back