• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine light/No Engine light!

Bear with me as I give a little background info.....

I had an ABP magnex exhaust fitted to my car & when the car was under warranty from a 3rd party garage the EML came one, was said to be the front lambarda sensor, this was changed.... 2 weeks later it came on again, this time the rear sensor, so that was changed..... a week later it was on again this time saying the cat was faulty! :eek: At this point the garage decided it was my exhaust causing the problem, refused to change the cat & put the original exhaust back on......

It was fine for a month, then EM back on :mad: Out of warranty now so took it to a friends garage who found a nut missing off the exhaust where it joins the cat & the thread stripped :evil: He managed to sort this & the car was fine for 4 months......

Yeap you guessed it light back on again about 3 weeks ago, had it checked at friends garage, code was 67 (iirc) saying a cat prob again he reset it & said to see how I went, 2 days later back on again!

Managed to source a 2nd cat off a 2005, this arrived 3 days ago.... but this is the strange bit about it all..... yesterday the EML went out all by itself :eek::confused: I thought once on it could only be reset by a garage etc??? Anybody have any ideas? the only other thing I could think of is an ECU problem all along??

Not sure whether to change the cat or quite what to do now?????

Cheers, Shelton.

Back