• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine management light on

Evening people,

I parked my car up at work the last week, when i got in to go home the engine management light came on and stayed on! I got my bro to plug the scanner into it and its coming up with a camshaft sensor fault, im told by honda (after phoning them for a price) that there are three camshaft sensors two on the n/s and one on the o/s that does the vtec side of things, i was wondering if there is a trick to finding out which one is buggered to save me buying all three of them!? as thats going to break the bank big time!
Also my bro said that it might even be the timing chain stretched?
Any tips/advice would be well appriciated.
Cheers

Matt

There are two. The fault codes generated with be labelled A or B . A is Intake, B is exhaust.

Over revved recently/ lack of oil?

All these can lead to chain stretch and cam errors - don't vtec the car and get the base timing checked along with a replacement chain and tensioner once you rule out faulty sensors

Thanks for the reply, I always try to make sure the oil level is just below max and I can't think that I've over revved it not for quite a while, I did pop it off the limiter when pulling out of a junction but that was a pretty long time ago now.
Ill have to check on the a/b labels then.
Cheers

Back