• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Overheating Please Help!

Hey guys need your help with a little something my mate has a Honda Civic 1.6 2004 EP shape 5Dr on he's way home he noticed that the car was overheating so he pulled over to check it out and like and idiot he popped the radiator cap off and all this chocolate liquid came out but didn't look as thick according to him, i was thinking of the head gasket but when i checked the car the oil seemed fine and the coolant as well, he says he drove the car back 50 miles and did not overheat again all he done was top it with a little bit of water, but i did notice the coolant that leaked off when he popped the cap off and looked rusty asked when was the last time he changed the coolant and he can't even remember so what could be the problem???

Hey guys need your help with a little something my mate has a Honda Civic 1.6 2004 EP shape 5Dr on he's way home he noticed that the car was overheating so he pulled over to check it out and like and idiot he popped the radiator cap off and all this chocolate liquid came out but didn't look as thick according to him, i was thinking of the head gasket but when i checked the car the oil seemed fine and the coolant as well, he says he drove the car back 50 miles and did not overheat again all he done was top it with a little bit of water, but i did notice the coolant that leaked off when he popped the cap off and looked rusty asked when was the last time he changed the coolant and he can't even remember so what could be the problem???

Best thing to do is flush the system with distilled water about 3 time get all that crap out and refill it with new Honda type 2 coolant

Back