• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine turns but wont start

Right lads ..This bloody dash cam fitting is doing my bloody head in

Tonight I have tried fitting it as per my previous thread and everything was going well till I blew fuse on mirrors.
any way sorted that .

So then tried again and now car turns over but will not start ...What have I done ....Manual is rubbish any ideas ..fuse ?? which one ???

Car wont start

Been doing a hardwire on car and following thread on another forum. Using accessory outlet. However this has blown a fuse .Mirrors.anyway sorted.
But then tried again and now car turns over but will not start .

Any ideas the manual is rubbish....and I need my car for work tommorow

No fitted dash cam live wire into accessory out let earthed it .No power to dash cam .Car turns over but cuts out.Everything else is working.

To be honest pulled it out as soon as car would not start as dash cam did not work plus Did not want to damage further. My other thoughts is blown fuse some where but manual is rubbish. Need to get some decent micro fuses tomorrow .Not Halfords crap.

Does sound like a fues mate ,
Have alook on the rear of the fues box cover for the power outlet fues
I take it your car is an fn2 ?

Knocked the inertia switch? If you have an FN2 like in your profile pic, take the cover off the end of your dash where the dash meets the driver's door shut, and there is a rubberised button in there. Push it to reset it and try again.

Knocked the inertia switch? If you have an FN2 like in your profile pic, take the cover off the end of your dash where the dash meets the driver's door shut, and there is a rubberised button in there. Push it to reset it and try again.

Thats why i asked if the key light was flashing in his other post Loxy :greatpost:

Yes lads am desperate Two posts .Need car tomorrow for work. Loxy key light flashes and goes out should I still have ago with button reset

Press it down & try it , wont do any harm to try , normally if the inertia switch has tripped out the key light will flash continuasly

Merged both threads. Reads a bit funny now, but saves replies on both threads.

Ok lads bit of an update .
Pressed reset button and boom back to life (Top man Loxy). Replaced heater fuse(36) and now air con .Heaters, out side temp and mirrors work again .The only thing I can think caused it was being a tad rough when putting earth to body work. As for blowing fuse .I must have touched something else in the option connector when connecting female spade. Really had enough now so will try one more time with this method .
Anyway the drive home tonight after a 12 hr shift was brill.The car feels different (more responsive,smooth ,stereo works fully and sounds better) reset must have reset everything .Only thing cant work out is my air vent drivers side is blowing hot air until I put aircon on

Good stuff. Heater is a funny one. Definitely checked all of the heater fuses?

Back