• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 alarm fault.

Last night at half 2 in the morning my civic type r ep3 alarm started going off. It's a 51 plate.
I popped outside and all was ok apart from the alarm sounding.

I unlocked and locked the car with the remote but after about a min or two the alarm went off again.

I noticed that the led on the dash stays solidly lit for the whole time till the siren sounds.

The interior light and the boot light go out when I shut the doors or boot so I'm assuming the door switches are all ok. And the car starts fine.

But I cannot find any reason for the alarm to sound.

Are there any common faults with these as I've noticed that there were problems with the 2003 cars. But not mine :(.

Help!

I did hope this but it's been the same ever since :(. Just keeps going off every time I set it

Well randomly it seems to be working again. Spoke to a Honda mechanic and he said its common on loads of Hondas. And that one of the mechanics has just unplugged his alarm and the remote just does the central locking and deadlocks now. He said the alarm box is in the rear quarter pannel but looking at the loom under the dash it looks like it may be under the handbrake area.

Can anyone confirm where the alarms are on these as I want to give this a try. As long as the immobiliser still works. Which I'm assuming is like older civics and works from the halo around the key and in the ecu so shouldn't be affected.

Back