• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Burning smell

Hi guys,

After a bit of advice please...

I’m getting a burning smell (clutch like) when the car is driven a bit hard but no smell whatsoever during my daily commute through town, which is very stop start.

The thing is apart from the smell, I get no other symptoms, like difficulty to change gear, bite point is very low or high and any weird noises.

Also, clutch was replaced only 30k miles ago.

surely it can’t be a clutch this soon. The last one did over 100k before I had to get it replaced.

Thoughts please?

Silly question… but do you drive with your foot resting on the clutch? Surprising how many people make this basic mistake.

Could well be the clutch still, if a proper OE Honda release bearing wasn't used they suffer from premature wear.

Silly question… but do you drive with your foot resting on the clutch? Surprising how many people make this basic mistake.
No. I got over 70k miles on the original clutch with my driving style, so surprised I’m getting a potential clutch issue this early

Back