• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 > DC2 > FN2

Well, I've decided finally after 3 years my DC2 needs a break.

I bought her 3 years ago from a girl(!) a 4 hour drive from me. JDM 96 spec, I had so much fun in it and it's the best car I've ever owned. I had it fully resprayed, it doesn't have a spec of rust. Never has it broken down or caused me any issues, much to the amazement of my ex girlfriend who thought I was mad buying an "old" car. I used it as a commuting wagon as well as a weekend toy.

I moved to Kent as I got a job in London, and now get the train to work every day. Teggy is just getting a fresh MOT, but as it's getting on a bit, and it's had two hit and run scrapes (both within a month) I'm going to put it away for a while and get something newer whilst I decide what to do with her. I was looking at an Accord diesel, but for similar money, and the fact I don't do half the miles I used to anymore my mind wondered back to a Type-R...

I owned an EP3 before my DC2, I'm off to look at an FN2 today. 2008, 58k, 8 stamps from Honda, 2 previous owners, NHB.

Wish me luck, hopefully today I'll be driving home another Type-R :)

Realised this should have gone in the newbies topic, sorry.

Anyway, that FN2 viewing was a failure. Seller was a "dealer" which happened to be some guy at his house. Wouldn't let me engage VTEC, drivers door creased badly that wasn't shown in the pictures, notchy 2nd gear and was due a service. Also was higher mileage than advertised. He wanted £6.2k. Offered him £5.4k anyway out of curiosity and he got aggressive, saying "you've been looking at this thing for over an hour, you're wasting my time". Laughed and walked away. The cobwebs inside probably gave away he hasn't been able to sell it.

Went to look at a second one and it had a halfords induction kit held up with cable ties, driven out aggressively from the garage by the salesmen cold. No thanks.

Going to look at a cat D tomorrow, 2010 registered on 29/06/2010, so I'm hoping it has an LSD. 40k miles. Been sent pictures of the crash damage, which was to the front bumper and the wheel is scratched, I'll get that refurbed. Looks immaculate from the pictures apart from the wheel, but will see tomorrow. Service history all from Honda, been done every year with 2 previous owners. Optimistic, but the search continues!

If it's cat D the surely the insurance company would have fixed everything including the wheel?

Category write off means the insurance didn't fix it and paid out Chris.

Back