• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Decat

Hi

Looking into getting my Ep3 decated. Would it worth getting a decat done or best to leave the cat in.

Thanks

If you can find a way for it to pass the MOT and are planning to get it remapped, it is definitely worth it. On its own, not so as the car will run lean and not make the power you would expect.

If you can find a way for it to pass the MOT and are planning to get it remapped, it is definitely worth it. On its own, not so as the car will run lean and not make the power you would expect.

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Yeah will definetly be getting it remapped at the same time.

Would the remap turn the EML off or would something else need to be done for that.

Yep, the remap turns off monitoring on the secondary O2 sensor.

Anything that means the exhaust flows out considerably freer means that due to the scavenging effect the car will draw in more air. The ECU cannot compensate enough for this and so the car runs lean, so if a sports cat frees up the air flow, then yes it will run leaner than it should.

O2 spacers only fool the ECU into thinking the cat is still there and does nothing for the fuelling.

Anything that means the exhaust flows out considerably freer means that due to the scavenging effect the car will draw in more air. The ECU cannot compensate enough for this and so the car runs lean, so if a sports cat frees up the air flow, then yes it will run leaner than it should.

O2 spacers only fool the ECU into thinking the cat is still there and does nothing for the fuelling.

Thanks. Regarding remaps I was talking to a garage near me who said that they do not take the car for a drive or anything and would just upload the map file, is this a no no. Also would it be best to get a rolling road remap or at least a map where the car is driven.

Thanks

Don't take it there. A map should be bespoke to your car. Not as important with OEM diesels, you can map those relatively safely with an 'off the shelf' map. You can map a car very well with a live drive map but I've not heard of may people doing this in honda world. More of a Nissan/Mitzi turbo practice from what I can gather.

Don't take it there. A map should be bespoke to your car. Not as important with OEM diesels, you can map those relatively safely with an 'off the shelf' map. You can map a car very well with a live drive map but I've not heard of may people doing this in honda world. More of a Nissan/Mitzi turbo practice from what I can gather.

Thanks for the advice.

So was looking into getting a decat and remap. Now I wanted to find out regards to the remap is the oem ep3 ecuremapable or would I need to upgrade to a Kpro/K100.

So was looking into getting a decat and remap. Now I wanted to find out regards to the remap is the oem ep3 ecuremapable or would I need to upgrade to a Kpro/K100.
No, you can't remap the stock ecu

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back