• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 front right speaker dead

My EP3 currently have the original headunit and MAYBE original speakers. Using the Connect Aux-in kit with the OEM headunit.

The front right is mostly dead, there is low end coming out at very high volume but no mid range or highs. Hopefully the headunit isn't dead, I am not too fussy about making the car sound amazing or anything but at least bearable, it isn't even with working speakers all round.

So I had a look around for replacement speakers, and found that Focal ISC130 is within my price range. Anyone had experience with them? Are they the right size?

I wanted good neutral, high clarity sound and not boomy bass. And it seems to be of that sound signature from Focal themselves.

They'll do the job, you'll want the speaker adaptors as well so that they fit as they are a different size that the OEM speaker.

I ended up with a set of Focal PC165 as the previous owner already had upgraded, upsized and dyamated the front doors and with some Infinity coaxials installed.

The difference is night and day but I can't help to think the Focals are a bit overkill for the general lack of isolation of the Type R. Sounds rather quite good when stationary with the engine off though.

Back