• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Track Car Project - Coilover brand?!

Hello All

My friend and I purchased an EP3 over the weekend to use as a track car. Luckily it came with a few mods already but the seller didn't know anything about the car, as he took it as a PX for an S2k.

Any chance someone can help us identify the coilover brand?

Thanks in advance.

3DA7508B-C8BC-4D99-A378-039F18C42F20_zps2wk3z2e9.jpg

A0D97DFD-EC84-46BF-A2AC-74F5AD52F4B4_zpsn2das3fx.jpg
[/URL]

We haven't taken them off yet but from what you can see in the engine bay the top mounts look pretty standard.

Zero markings on them at all which is very odd. We originally thought Bilstein but surely they would have the brand name or at least part number.

Other than being filthy they seem pretty solid and handle pretty well, so the car must have been looked after at some point in its life.

I originally thought Bilstein B14/B16 as they are the same colour (Blue springs/ Silver dampers) but they would have had some sort of markings on them.

Otherwise could they be cheap Ebay specials?

I originally thought Bilstein B14/B16 as they are the same colour (Blue springs/ Silver dampers) but they would have had some sort of markings on them.

Otherwise could they be cheap Ebay specials?
Bilstein springs are a lighter blue.

Ah my bad lol,

If they have no type of branding would you say they are likely to be ebay specials?

Yes most likely. I may be wrong but I'd have thought any reputable brand would want their name on their products.

Thanks for everyones help here. We did have a look with a mirror earlier on in the week but couldn't see any branding.

It all needs a bit of a clean so we will let you know if we find anything lurking under all the mud.

The car has its first shake down at Brands on the 10th August so we will see how good the coilovers are then I suppose....

Back