• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust fitting

Right firstly I am looking to get a supersprint b pipe and fit it with the OEM backbox, now my car knowledge in terms of mechanics is not great to say the least.
how easy would this be to fit myself ? I often have quite a while off work and it would be nice to be able to fit a few mods myself rather than taking it to the garage ? Any advise or tips would be great
cheers
steve

I found that the nuts seem to seize quite easily. I have used a map gun (blow torch) to undo them but now i just get a grinder on them and cut them off in seconds. (Ive gone through a fair few exhausts now)

other than that you may need a new gasket (Tegiwa supply these).

If your doing it on your drive like i did then use axel stands etc

Have fun!

I found that the nuts seem to seize quite easily. I have used a map gun (blow torch) to undo them but now i just get a grinder on them and cut them off in seconds. (Ive gone through a fair few exhausts now)

other than that you may need a new gasket (Tegiwa supply these).

If your doing it on your drive like i did then use axel stands etc

Have fun!
cheers for that dan, so apart from the nuts once I get under the car it is pretty self explanatory ?

If you have local motor factors by you get the relevant gaskets off them mate. It's really just taking off and replacing like for like. Like already said the chances are the bolts may well be a pain but get passed that on your onto a winner :)

Yeah pretty much mate. But when I had a sportex b pipe the welds can get in the way of the bolts/washers and may need grinding down

The welds on every sportex bpipe ive bought (4 i think) the welds did need grinding down. Easy enough to do though.

Back