• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust help

Hello. Before yesterday I had a sportex unsilenced bpipe and oem backbox. I was quite happy with the sound, if not slightly too quiet.

Got a hole in the backbox the other day, and decided to go for an after market one. Eventually bought m2 today style one. Looks good but holy crap it's mentally loud. Love the pops and bangs but way too loud for me. Neighbors would never forgive me.

So thinking of changing it to a resonated bpipe, m2 do a shout stainless version, not going back to sportex after seeing the state of my bpipe after 6 months. Either that or I'll need to sell the m2 and get a standard box put back on.

Anyone got any idea how quieter a resonated one will be?

Thanks for any info or thoughts!

Cheers

I've just fitted the M2 spoon style back box onto a silenced M2 b pipe, it's pretty loud. I'm trying to find a bung for it. I'm hoping it will quieten down after sooting up a bit, but I'm not holding my breath!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

What's your budget badlacie, and have you checked out the various videos on youtube that people have posted of theirs (that way we also get an idea exactly how loud you're after) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just fitted the M2 spoon style back box onto a silenced M2 b pipe, it's pretty loud. I'm trying to find a bung for it. I'm hoping it will quieten down after sooting up a bit, but I'm not holding my breath!

I spoke to the guy at m2, he said to me the the toda is quietest and the spoon is pretty loud. However they are releasing a bung for the spoon in the summer. That might help you out. I've bought a angled bung off a motorbike website. Hoping I can modify it to fit.

Not looking to spend that much to be honest and had listened to loads off Ebay. Made the mistake of listening to the guy from m2.

Seen japspeed make a bpipe which is slightly smaller in diameter. Might try it. Seriously thinking of going back to the standard box.

Which do you have? I've bought a 60mm motorbike bung to try, if they're making one to fit that will be a bonus. I might be swapping back to standard silencer if this doesn't settle down a bit.

I bought a 60mm angled. It might actually fit the angle of the exhaust, if not I'm going to cut it back a bit. Take it you've measured yours? M2 guy said once they bring the bung out all you will have to do is drill a hole and fit.

Seen this on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320968789190 not sure if this will be slightly better than going to the oem back box?

Yeah my spoon style one is 65mm internal diameter or there abouts. Ebay 60mm exhaust db killer and there are loads, it was 6 quid so I'll give it a go. If only it was quieter at low revs it would be fine. But I've only done 5 miles so far, so might grow on me!

So took the M2 exhaust off last night, and fitted a new Oem exhaust. Sounds cracking with the unsilenced Bpipe. I think mine had been leaking a while!!! Also added a cheeky wee sticker.
Brand new M2 Toda rep backbox for sale if anyones interested? Far too loud for me.

Few pics of before and after. Think it looks better standard too.

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Back