• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

exhaust knock

iam running a spoon N1 with a sportex 2.5" race tube and just recently i can hear it starting to knock slightly up near the bend on the backbox. it wasnt before so how can i put this right. any ideas?

yeah checked them yesterday and there fine, so its baffled me a little as it was fine when i first fitted the kit. had it on there about 3 months now and had no problems but all of a sudden its started knocking slightly.

Hmm... I've seen it on other cars in the past (never a CTR) with aftermarket exhausts getting hotter than OEM and softening the rubbers when at temperature, causing a knock.

When you say you checked them, how did you check them? Visual check and a quick shake of the exhaust when cold?

have you tried turning the hanger at the back box where it joins to the center pipe. when standard exhaust is on it is like a left angled triangle. if you turn it so it is in the shape of a pyramid, i.e long part at the bottom, it lifts it up a bit. its kinda hard to explain what i mean.

Back