• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust knocking

Hi people I've just had a japspeed 4/2/1 manifold fitted and its knocking on the bottom engine mount. Can anyone suggest an easy fix,please help. Is it essential to get a remap or is it ok for a bit. Please help as the knocking is doing my head in.

I'm pretty sure you need engine mount inserts when fitting an aftermarket manifold or uprate the engine mounts. I don't know if you've got them fitted maybe they stop the knocking from happening. Someone should come along and shed more light on this. I would contact japspeed to see if they have heard of this happening before and to see if they have any solutions.

You should get a remap to get the best out of the mods, the sooner you do this the better, most people would have had it all done together, you may have saved a bit of cash doing it all in one hit. Is it the manifold with decat? You will definately need a remap if it is as the management light would come on due to the decat. Hope this helps :).

Thanks mate. The engine management light did not come on until yesterday. Where in the valleys are you from I'll keep an eye out for you. Thanks again

Dim problem :D definately fit the inserts mate otherwise the flexi pipe will be stressed and it could crack or damage, they also help with traction preventing wheel hop, I'm from Ebbw mate it's a bit from you but you never know 54 plate NHB CTR, I'll keep an out for you too mate.

Back