• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fantastic quote from Sky! £445 off last years premium...

TypeGRRR

Administrator
Administrator
I paid £975 last year with A-Plan and when I recently received my renewal through it had come down to £917 with the same insurer. They also offered another quotation if I switched insurers, the cost... £797.

I wasn't really satisfied with my renewal options so I sent 5 emails out last night to some of the recommended insurers on here.

Adrian Flux came back very quickly with a cost of £639, which I was pretty happy with. Danny from Sky then gave me a ring back with a fantastic quote of £570 and offered to drop another £40 off if I agreed right away. So I willingly took the bait and ended up paying £530! :D

I could of given A-Plan another chance but didn't want to miss out on what was possibly the only chance I had to get the insurance at the '£40' lower rate. Plus, if A-Plan could of beaten this great price, then they should of offered it on my renewal, I don't like being taken for a ride. So Danny make sure next years renewal is a good one..! :wink:

My details in brief
26 Male
Good area, car garaged over night
6 years NCD
No accidents
5 points (SP30) 3 years ago
10,000 miles a year

My cars details in brief
2001 DC5
Value £10,500
CAT 1 Alarm/immobiliser

Quotation details
Fully Comprehensive
Protected NCD
£300 excess
SDP+ Commuting
Insurer QBE?
Courtesy car, if damaged but not is stolen or torched (it was £20 extra to have full cover, but there's always someone's car to borrow)

I actually added European breakdown (inc homestart etc) for an extra £50, so it took the price back up to £580, but I'm planning to have a little trip to the continent next year, so it's worth it imo. :)

A plan gave me a sh*t renewal quote but when I foned them up they beat the next best quote I got from greenlight so I stuck with them. Still waiting for sky to get back:( sounds like they could have been cheaper as well

Thanks very much for the great feedback, it is very much appreciated. I have let Danny know as well :cool:

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Back