• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FAO Admin/maybe Mods: Main page gallery

Hi Chaps,

Although I don't look at it much and I'm sure others don't either, I've noticed that the gallery section has photo's of meets, but the most recent one is over 11 months old. There have been some god pics of some good meets since then. Any chance of an update? Would be good for the site me thinks.

I appreciate you guys are all busy people, so take this as more of a gentle reminder than a request.

Cheers.

Hi Chaps,

Although I don't look at it much and I'm sure others don't either, I've noticed that the gallery section has photo's of meets, but the most recent one is over 11 months old. There have been some god pics of some good meets since then. Any chance of an update? Would be good for the site me thinks.

I appreciate you guys are all busy people, so take this as more of a gentle reminder than a request.

Cheers.

That's the reason I stopped updating it Tone... it was a lot of hassle maintaining the gallery homepages (when they only get less than 0.025% of the traffic). :lol: I had hoped for more Car Of The Moment submissions, too... but sadly I keep getting hollow promises and, to be fair, I got a little fed up of it. :lol:

It might be worth clearing the gallery and starting a-fresh using some 'off-the shelf' gallery software instead of the system we have at the moment. That way it's possible for other members of TRO staff to update the gallery as well as myself.

I'll submit a COTM when I get it back. I've had a "Little" work done recently. In discussion with a company to do some more, if that pans out, she will be quite a novel FN2. If ya interested.

I had hoped for more Car Of The Moment submissions, too... but sadly I keep getting hollow promises and, to be fair, I got a little fed up of it. :lol:
The problem with COTM in my eyes is that I'll never be able to submit as I have a Standardish EP3 CTR. Who wants to read about that? That is the impression I get anyway.

The onus is on the modification hungry forum members to contribute to this feature. Without wanting to give people extra work on their already hectic schedule's, their are some cracking cars on the forum owned by regular users who could submit.

If you ever need a write up from a standard CTR owner *awaits a barrage of upturned noses* , I'd be more than happy to contribute :D. Every car/owner has a story after all.

The problem with COTM in my eyes is that I'll never be able to submit as I have a Standardish EP3 CTR. Who wants to read about that? That is the impression I get anyway.

The onus is on the modification hungry forum members to contribute to this feature. Without wanting to give people extra work on their already hectic schedule's, their are some cracking cars on the forum owned by regular users who could submit.

If you ever need a write up from a standard CTR owner *awaits a barrage of upturned noses* , I'd be more than happy to contribute :D. Every car/owner has a story after all.

I tend to disagree to some extent. I reckon that if some one took the time to write a review of the car, covering its strength and weaknesses backed by some nice shots of the car, even is standard guise it would be an interesting read.

There are those that lean towards the modified vehicle as inspiration or guideline to how they wish to progress with their vehicle, but there are those who appreciate those that look after a standard vehicle with attention to detail and a passion. Just my opinion.

I tend to disagree to some extent. I reckon that if some one took the time to write a review of the car, covering its strength and weaknesses backed by some nice shots of the car, even is standard guise it would be an interesting read.

There are those that lean towards the modified vehicle as inspiration or guideline to how they wish to progress with their vehicle, but there are those who appreciate those that look after a standard vehicle with attention to detail and a passion. Just my opinion.
I agree. My previous comment was more of an analysis of some of the possible perceptions/opinions from certain forum members.

I'll submit a COTM when I get it back. I've had a "Little" work done recently. In discussion with a company to do some more, if that pans out, she will be quite a novel FN2. If ya interested.

Always interested mate... :D Even more so given the 'novelty' factor... :cool:

Cap'n, I'll take a look into what free gallery software is out there. :smt023

Jermal / Stella - totally agree with your points and I too believe that a car write-up can be engrossing whether based on a stock vehicle or not. The owner's opinions, thoughts and experiences add 'extra' value to any potential write-up and - as humans - we tend to enjoy hearing other opinions on something close to our own hearts (usually so we can argue and/or disagree...!) :lol:

I don't mind whether or not the car is stock or modified to the hilt. I just got a little fed up having put in a lot of work (the whole frontend is custom-programmed by meself) and receiving loads of offers for COTM... over and over again... and getting nothing! Hence, I switched off. :lol:

Back